Ten Great Green (Last Minute) Holiday Gifts by Gia Machlin, December 15 2015, 0 Comments
Hanukkah is over and there are only 10 days until Christmas, but for many of you (you know who you are), gift shopping is still very much on your to-do list.
For us treehuggers, it would be nice if we could just give the gift of love or a hug and pretend that it will make our families and others happy during this time. But while I'm sure they wouldn't mind the gesture, they would probably prefer to also receive a new video game, an iTunes® gift card or a designer bag. If you want to stick to your green roots (and can't afford a Prada bag anyway), here are a few eco-friendly options that will put a smile on your gift-receivers’ faces.
- For the wine or whiskey enthusiast, give one of these BluMarble branded tumblers. You can choose anything from a Corona juice glass to a Grey Goose or Belvedere Vodka recycled bottle vase from this beautiful line of reclaimed glassware.
- If you’ve got a fashionista on your shopping list, she might like something from EcoPlum's eco friendly clothing line, which features sporty and comfortable LUR Apparel tops, as well as super soft and stylish jumpsuits and dresses from Les Lunes. Or perhaps one of our eco-chic sea shell purses or organic cotton totes. Whether your gal is a trend-setter or a laid-back chick, EcoPlum has something for you to give.
- Seeking some stunning hand made jewelry? Look no further than EcoPlum's line of fair trade and handmade earrings, necklaces, and bracelets. From Sterling Silver Chakras charms to beautiful Tagua seed necklaces to gorgeous antique glass earrings, there's bound to be something that matches your style.
- For the dapper guy on your list, nothing is more stylish than these sleek wooden watches from Analog Watch. Described as "Art on a Wrist," these watches are sure to be a huge holiday hit.
- What if you’re looking for an eco-friendly skin product for the natural-seeking beauty queen? Try the All Good Goop moisturizer and soothing salve. Free of petroleum and made with organic ingredients such as lavender, beeswax and extra virgin olive oil, this multi-tasker can help heal cuts, blisters, sunburn, chapped lips, insect bites, dry skin and more. Also available as part of these eco gift baskets.
- If vegan makeup is what you’re seeking, I like these Vegan Eye Pencils by Zosimos Botanicals. These creamy eye liners will last all day, whether you’re going for subtle color or dramatic Cleopatra eyes. For more color, try one of the Ferro Cosmetics’ Eye Candy mineral eye shadows – they’re light and super shimmery - great for the holiday season!
- Don’t forget the music lovers. These Handmade Eco Friendly Journals and notebooks from Vintage Vinyl are sure to satisfy the classic-rocker or maybe even… grandma? From Frank Sinatra to the Bee Gees, we've only got a few of these limited edition gems left - so grab yours before they are all gone.
- Candles are always a big hit over the holidays, so give some eco friendly soy candles in reclaimed wine bottles, or some stylish candle holders made from reclaimed wood.
- What about the eco-kids?!? Children are the ones who cherish gift-giving the most, so why not surprise them with our new and totally fuzzy Fleecy Stuffed Animals or one of these adorable Global Green Pals dolls, They can play for hours with these eco friendly toys, and you don't need to worry about exposure to toxic chemicals.
- If you want to give the greenest gift of all, try a e-gift card from EcoPlum! Avoid the waste associated with returned and unwanted gifts, with the added benefit of introducing your loved one to all the beautiful and stylish eco friendly products available online at EcoPlum!
Many of these gifts are on sale right now as part of our Six Weeks of Sustainably Stylish Savings promotion (#EcoStyle). Also, through December 31, EcoPlum will match all earned EcoChipz rewards points, and the additional points will be donated to the Breast Cancer Fund's Campaign for Safe Cosmetics (#GivingEveryDay).